Request for Tender:
WEB, DIGITAL BROCHURE AND DESIGN SERVICES
The Northern and Western Regional Assembly (NWRA) on behalf of the Atlantic Economic Corridor (AEC) Task Force invites quotations to this Request for Tender (“RFT”) from web, content and design services for the provision of the services as described below:
- Brand design and marketing materials
- New Website for the Atlantic Economic Corridor
- Digital Brochure content development and design
The NWRA reserves the right to extend the Term for a period or periods of up to 6 months with a maximum of 2 extensions on the same terms and conditions, subject to the Contracting Authority’s obligations at law.
The current draft website is hosted by the Northern and Western Regional Assembly. The services contract will be awarded to the most economically advantageous tender. The following criteria and weightings will be applied to the evaluation of tenders:
- Timeframe to complete the project (30)
- Quality of proposed approach and demonstrated creativity in web design, digital brochure and design service (40)
- Overall cost of tender (30)
Tenderers must address each of the issues and requirements in this part of the RFT and submit a description in each case which demonstrates how these issues and requirements will be dealt with / met and their approach to the proposed delivery of the Services.
The Atlantic Economic Corridor (AEC) is the term applied to a non-administrative or “linear” region along the Western seaboard, stretching from Kerry to Donegal, which has the potential to contribute to effective regional development by providing a counterpoint to the East Coast. The AEC is a collaborative initiative, driven by business representatives and communities and supported by national and local government and State agencies. The initiative seeks to consolidate and align the State capital investment programme with the potential investment of the private sector to strengthen the region’s economic contribution and make the Atlantic region a better place in which to live and work.
The overarching objective of the AEC concept is to maximise the region’s assets and connect the economic hubs, clusters and catchments of the region to generate a value proposition of scale which will attract investment and support job creation and an improved quality of life for those who live in the region.
The AEC proposal seeks to:
- increase Gross Value Added (GVA) in the region through the creation of high value-added jobs,
- develop a well-skilled labour pool in the region, which will attract both Irish and foreign-owned enterprises to the region,
- increase the competiveness of the region to support economic growth,
- get the best from the region’s existing and potential infrastructural assets (roads, gas networks, ports, rail, broadband, etc.),
- ensure that enterprise property in the region is available and fit for modern investment,
- drive research and innovation in the public and private sector to increase opportunities for the region,
- involve communities in delivering growth in the region,
- retain and increase the share of the national population settling in the Atlantic region, and
- improve the quality of life for the people of the region.
To progress this initiative, Mr. Michael Ring T.D., Minister for Rural and Community Development established an Atlantic Economic Corridor Taskforce in March 2017. The Taskforce contains senior representatives from key Government Departments and other public bodies, Universities and Institutes of Technology, and representatives from the Chambers Group.
Brand Design – What we need
– A new brand design concept
– A new logo developed on the basis of the AEC Logo concept and brand design guide (with directions for the use of logo, colour palette, typography etc.).
A range of design templates for promotional materials:
- Business cards – with key facts
- Power Point Presentations (4:3 and 16:9)
- Pull up
- Email signature – with key facts
- Letterhead paper
- Newsletter design
- Twitter / Facebook graphics
It is intended that the website will be a centralised portal where all aspects of the work of the AEC Taskforce, research relating to the region, positive news and relevant events will be collated and displayed and where progress made on particular issues will be reported on a regular basis.
This will be achieved by delivering content and information in the following fashion:
▪ Information relating to the work of the AEC Taskforce (and associated sub-groups)
▪ Directory of Supports– mainly provided by way of information and links to supports available e.g. Enterprise Ireland, the IDA, Údarás na Gaeltachta, EU funding etc.
▪ Latest News, which will need to be updated with details of significant news events with an impact on the AEC region e.g. jobs announcements, policy initiatives across Government, infrastructure announcements etc.
▪ Case studies, to potentially incorporate text, imagery and a high level of video content.
▪ An Events section, searchable by category, location, date.
▪ The site should be fully integrated with social media, allowing for the simple sharing of content on the site to key social media platforms.
▪ Potential development of a layered map which will show assets of the region as they are identified over time.
The website will be capable of handling large amounts of dynamic imagery and video and focused editorial content (in all sections of the site) and should be easily navigable (on PC, tablet and mobile), with simple intuitive design, employing responsive technology. The AEC website will be the central portal capturing all initiatives which will help achieve effective regional development and the response to this tender should focus on solutions and technologies that will return the desired outcome for attracting, retaining, and enhancing a highly engaging and inspiring online presence. Tenderers should describe, in detail, how their solution would meet these requirements.
In essence the new website:
– Must be maintained through WordPress CMS
- Must be part of the design concept developed for the logo above. The design should reflect the nature of what the AEC does and how it does it and will include the following sections:
- Landing page with news section (news as integrated Twitter feed + option to add custom items)
- About AEC (subsections: What We Do – BP, Comp, Collaboration, News)
- Sub Links
- Case Studies
- Latest News
- Events Page
- Directory of Supports
A subscribe feature:
▪ To appear when a first time visitor enters the website, but should be subtle;
▪ It should include name, organisation and email address.
▪Pop up box – ‘AEC Updates’
▪ A database for the all registered persons;
▪ A newsletter feature – to increase the efficiency of the communications strategy we require a feature that will enable easy creation of newsletters from a selection of previously added news items.
Final design will be signed off in consultation with AEC subcommittee and successful tenderer.
The AEC is a collaborative initiative, driven by business representatives and communities and supported by national and local government and State agencies. The initiative seeks to consolidate and align the State capital investment programme with the potential investment of the private sector to strengthen the region’s economic contribution and make the Atlantic region a better place in which to live and work. We need to tell its story through publication of digital and publish ready brochure containing opinion pieces, editorial and promotional pieces. The output should be a crafted and designed publication capturing stories from across the region and include comprehensive base of images, maps and engaging material
Please specify whether your quotation is inclusive or exclusive of VAT and that you can complete this project by end of October 2017.
The Contracting Authority does not bind itself to accept the lowest priced or any quotation.
This RFQ does not constitute an offer or commitment to enter into a Services Contract.
No contractual rights in relation to the Contracting Authority will exist unless and until a formal written Services Contract has been executed by or on behalf of the Contracting Authority.
The Contracting Authority may cancel this Competition at any time prior to a formal written Services Contract being executed by or on behalf of the Contracting Authority.
Please submit your quotation with two examples (web links) of your work to Katie Wright at email@example.com by 4.00 p.m. 31st August 2017.